top of page
Gravel riding is for everyone; whether you're a novice cyclist or road warrior, Manhattan has a route for you. The classic routes highlighted here are just a small sampling of the hundreds of miles of gravel roads surrounding MHK. Routes have been divided into the following groups to help you.
Find Your Route
Table listings of All Routes with details & Strava links
See routes, parking, and more on an inter-active google map
Several groups have gravel rides throughout the week. These rides vary by route difficulty, length, and pace of riding. Check out the links below to find the group ride for you.
Interested in trying a gravel ride, but these days don't work for you? Then send us an email via the link below and BikeWalkMHK will set up a personalized ride just for you (& as many as you want to bring along).
You don't need a great bike to enjoy gravel; it doesn't hurt though (see The Pathfinder or Brew Bros Hops & Sprockets if you're looking for one).
Some of the regular bikes on our group rides:
- 1994 Raleigh mountain bike. No shocks, worn handle bar grips, and not light weight = still fun
- 2002 generic mountain bike = still fun
- 2006 Iron Horse converted mountain bike: urban no-tread tires, needing a tune-up = still fun
In short, don't worry about your bike the first time out. Follow the tips below and you too will have a great time.
1. Keep tire pressure low: ~40psi
2. Bring water, hat, sunscreen, & snacks
3. Carry extra tubes & a pump
4. Enjoy the open skies
bottom of page